Our Online Study Tips
1. Be clear about the reason that you decided to do your course.
Write down why you are doing it and display this where you will see it regularly.
2. Work out some rewards for yourself along the way as you complete assessments etc.
3. Get to know the course you are studying
As soon as possible, go over the assessments and learning material for your course. This will allow you to collect things from your work eg. samples of forms, emails reports etc. that you need for later subjects. You will also be able to plan out how much time to allocate for each unit or subject.
4. Learn your way around your online study area
If you are not too comfortable with computers, make sure you allow yourself time to get used to working online, and make sure you give it a go. Watch the videos, read any helpful hints and call for assistance if you can’t find anything or are unsure of what you are doing. You can book as many Member Area tours with us as you need.
5. Manage your time effectively
Although you have the convenience of not having to attend classes, you will still have to set aside regular time for studying.
Make sure you commit a certain number of hours per week to your course – for most courses allow 4 hours per week if you want to complete it before 12 months.
6. Find yourself a study area
- Find a quiet comfortable place free from distractions that you can use specifically for studying.
- Create a work atmosphere e.g. by working at a desk.
- Try to avoid using your study place for relaxing or social activities such as chatting, writing
- Keep your work place free from clutter.
7. Get the help you need – Stay in touch with your Trainer and support staff
Contact your Trainer regularly either by our toll free number or email.
- Be sure to seek immediate help from your Trainer if you do not understand the course content, what is needed for your assessment or you are experiencing any other difficulties. Remember your Trainer is there for support!
8. Connect with others also doing your course or invite a work friend to do the course also.
You will be able to work together but you will need to submit your own assessments.
9. Be disciplined – Don’t Give Up!
- Set regular goals and deadlines and stick to them.
- Avoid procrastination – do your work and reward yourself.
Keep going and you will get there – you will gain your Qualification. We look forward to celebrating this achievement with you.
For more Study Tips, click here.