2. Allocate responsibilities to the facilitators.
A successful event needs a video conference manager, who will:
- appoint and communicate with facilitators at any other centres involved
- invite participants
- distribute an agenda
- communicate with the service provider
- obtain a list of the voice telephone numbers for each location.
During the conference, the manager’s responsibilities will include:
- starting and finishing on time
- introducing all participants
- encouraging participants to direct questions appropriately
- adjusting the camera during the conference using zoom and pan to keep things interesting
- calling a break if necessary.
After the conference, the manager will coordinate any activities resulting from feedback and might also schedule the next conference.
Site facilitators will need to:
- work with the manager to coordinate service provision, facilities, and any site registration
- assemble equipment and make it work
- prepare materials for participants
- contact participants and keep them informed before the event
- coordinate interactive segments
- follow up if required.