Recognition of Prior Learning and Skills (RPL)
Great News! You may already have skills or knowledge that will enable you to gain a qualification without taking part in a whole training program.
Many Supervisors and Managers are having their experience recognised towards the Certificate and Diploma Qualifications offered here at Global Training Institute. This is very popular with experienced supervisors, managers and business owners who have not had the opportunity to gain the formal qualifications.
In uncertain economic times, one of the best ways to ensure your own security is to focus on your employability. You can now turn your experience into formal Nationally Recognised Qualifications. If you are an employee, you can’t always control what steps your employer will take, but you can take steps to ensure you remain a sought-after employee. Having formal Certificate and Diploma qualifications are definitely wanted and valued.
The process of Recognition of Prior Learning, RPL, (sometimes also known as skills recognition) allows you to receive recognition and credit for the knowledge and skills you have already gained. This can include your skills gained from:
- Previous training or study including courses at college, adult education and training programs at work
- Work experience including paid and volunteer work
- Life experience including skills gained through hobbies
RPL recognises your prior knowledge and experience and measures it against the course in which you are enrolled. Skills recognition is the acknowledgment by a training provider that you have gained an appropriate level of skill and knowledge that would have otherwise been developed through undertaking a course.
Process: Very simple and friendly
- Decide if you have the experience needed
- Purchase your Qualification
- Talk with your trainer about a Competency Conversation and the evidence you need to submit
- See if you have all the documents that are needed by the trainer for the assessment WITH the required components highlighted in the assessment.
- Clearly indicate where in each document the assessment component is
- If more evidence is required you can chat to your trainer
- Have the competency conversation and complete any gap assessment tasks
- Complete your remaining units
- Qualification Awarded – Congratulations!
N.B You need to provide evidence of your previous experience.
For each aspect of the unit, Recognition of Prior Learning gets you to:
If you have experience and would like to see if you benefit from this process and discuss which qualifications will best match your previous experience. Contact us at Global Training Institute now.