Middle Manager Course Outline:
Module One: Getting Started
- Housekeeping Items
- The Parking Lot
- Workshop Objectives
Module Two: Introduction to Management
- What is Management?
- What Do Mangers Do?
- What Does It Take to Be a Manager?
- Why Does Management Matter?
Module Three: Ethics and Social Responsibility
- What is Ethical Workplace Behavior?
- What is Unethical Workplace Behavior?
- How to Make Ethical Decisions
- What is Social Responsibility?
Module Four: Managing Information
- Why Information Matters
- Strategic Importance of Information
- Characteristics and Costs of Useful Information
- Getting and Sharing Information
Module Five: Decision-Making
- What is Rational Decision-Making?
- Steps to Rational Decision-Making
- Limits to Rational Decision-Making
- Improving Decision-Making
Module Six: Control Basics of Control
- The Control Process
- Is Control Necessary or Possible?
- How and What to Control
- Control Methods
Module Seven: Organizational Strategy
- Basics of Organizational Strategy
- Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- Strategy-Making Process
- Corporate, Industry, Firm Level Strategies
Module Eight: Innovation and Change
- Organizational Innovation
- Why Innovation Matters
- Managing Innovation
- Organizational Change
- Why Change Occurs and Why it Matters
- Managing Change
Module Nine: Organizational Structures and Process
- Organizational Authority
- Job Design
- Designing Organizational Process
Module Ten: Managing Teams
- The Good and the Bad of Using Teams
- Kinds of Teams
- Work Team Characteristics
- Enhancing Work Team Effectiveness
Module Eleven: Motivation and Leadership
- Basics of Motivation
- Equity Theory
- Expectancy Theory
- What is Leadership?
- Situational Leadership
- Strategic Leadership
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
To gain more understanding about Middle Management, view here.