In our last blog post, we talked about Employer obligations. In this post, we turn to the employee. When an employer provides an employee with the opportunity for training, there are specific obligations that both parties need to agree to. As an employer, here are some expectations that your employees might have:
- Be aware of, and be willing to abide by, all aspects of the training agreements
- Inform the employer about any concerns that are experiencing with the training or RTO
- Respect training resources
- Handle proprietary company knowledge with confidentiality
- Respect colleagues when training
- Make significant effort to fulfil the training requirements and obtain the skills needed
As an employer can you think of any other obligations an employee might have?