The Australian Government
has proposed a number of changes that will affect the VET FEE-HELP scheme. Changes include measure to netter protect students taking out VET FEE-HELP loans and the removal of the loan fee.
For up to date information on these and other proposed changes that affect VET FEE-HELP, visit www.studyassist.gov.au
- complete this form if you are requesting a VET FEE-HELP loan for some or all of your VET tuition fees for your VET courses of study;
- complete each question that i srelevant to you. Your form will not be valid unless each question is completed correclty; and
- return the completed form to the student administration/enrolments office at your approved provider (provider) on or before the census date(s) for your unit(s) of study for which you are requesting a VET FEE-HELP loan.
Please keep the STUDENT COPY of this form for your records.
- you will be entitled to a VET FEE-HELP loan for a particular VET unit of study only if you remain eligible and have sufficient FEE-HELP balance to cover your tuition fees;
- it is your responsibility to be aware of your FEE-HELP balance and you must advise your provider if you do not have enough FEE-HELP balance to cover your tuition fees;
- your provider may set an earlier date for the submission of this form – check with your provider; and
- the government-issued duplicate form is the only valid paper version of this form. For example, PDF printouts are not valid and you will not be eligible for a VET FEE-HELP loan if you submit a PDF printout of this form.
The Australian Government has proposed a number of changes to the higher education system, including the recovery of HELP debt from debtors residing overseas. These changes are subject to the passage of legislation.
* A ‘request for a VET FEE-HELP loan’ has the same meaning as a ‘request for Commonwealth assistance’ under the Higher Education Support Act 2003