How to Enrol with Global Training Institute and NSW Smart & Skilled Funding 2018-2019:
5 simple steps
- Understand your Course and Funding:
Before you can apply to enrol, the Australian Government requires us to be able to provide proof that you have been given all the required information to make an informed decision about studying with us. To provide this proof please read, fill out, and agree to the conditions of the form below. You will then be taken to your enrolment form to complete.
1. Your Course: Ensure that you are comfortable and understand about the course you are applying to enrol in and that you believe you will get benefit from completing it. Read about your course and download the Course Information Flyer on the webpage for your course on www.globaltraining.edu.au. Ensure you meet the course entry requirements listed on the page. Give us a call if you have any further questions about the course.
2. Studying with Global Training Institute: To become familiar with all the policies and information regarding how studying occurs, your rights and obligations eg communication between us, issuing your qualification, withdrawals, refunds, complaints etc read the Student Handbook and student forms. The up-to-date versions will always be available to you in the website footer and in your Online Student Area. Download the 2018 Student Handbook – click here.
3. NSW Smart & Skilled Funding: You are applying to have the NSW Government subsidise your training under their 2018-2019 Smart & Skilled Program. For full details of this program including eligibility requirements, visit their official website – click here. For information regarding the official Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy – click here.
- Apply: Once you click the Next button on this page and you will be sent to complete the online Enrolment Form for NSW Smart & Skilled.
USI: When completing the enrollment form you will need to provide copies of the following: Unique Student identifier Number (USI), Click here to read more about USI Numbers. You can also Click here to get your USI (Takes approximately five minutes).
Citizenship Status: You will need to provide proof of you residency status, this can be: Australian or New Zealand birth certificate; or and Australian or New Zealand passport; or a Green Medicare card; or Naturalisation Certificate; or a Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status (CERS), which confirms status as an Australian permanent resident; or relevant information for GTI to confirm your status as an Australian permanent resident or Humanitarian visa holder with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO). If you don’t have these, please fill out the form found on this page
Residency Status: You will need to provide proof that you live or work in NSW. This can be any Commonwealth or NSW Government issued document providing evidence of living location, or employer-issued document confirming your employment in NSW.
Numeracy and Literacy for Diploma course enrollments: On your application form you will need to provide us with one of the following: An Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12 Certificate) OR Display competence at or above Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both Reading & Numeracy OR A certificate of qualification at level 4 or above in the Australian Qualifications Framework (Certificate IV, Diploma, or University Degree). If you can’t provide any of these you will need to complete a Free Numeracy & Literacy Test with us (We will provide this to you if needed).
Credit for Previous Study: If you are wanting Credits for any previous study, ensure that you attach your official Results Statement for that previous study with your application.
- Course Offer: We will confirm your eligibility for study in the course, get your official NSW quote for how much your student fees will be, notify you if we still have funded positions available, and if all OK, offer you a place.
- Accept and Enrol: To accept your study place and officially enrol in your course, arrange your student fee payment. Fees can be paid by you individually or by your Employer.
- Enrolment Confirmation and Get Started: We will then officially enrol you in your course, send you your Confirmation of Enrolment letter, allow you access into your Online Student Area (where you will find your Training and Assessment materials) and get you started on your course with your Trainer.
NB. You must have started at least one unit in each of your funded qualifications by the end of June 2019
Give us a call with any questions – 1800 998 500